Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What I Wore.......


With the threat of a "wintry mix" last night, I channeled my inner snow bunny yesterday.

I thought it might help bring a coveted snow day my direction.

It did not.

But the outfit was cozy, and in my delusional mind, I felt prepared for the slopes.

Even though Missouri has no slopes.

Anyway.

Last year, my fashion forward friend Ash would sometimes wear socks peeking from the top of her boots.  While super cute on her, I had no confidence that I could pull it off.

Then I got a Pinterest account.  Picture after picture of socks peeking out of boots later, I decided I needed to give it a shot.....


It felt very snow bunny-esque.

What else does a snow bunny wear?  In my head, they wear longish sweaters, leggings, and scarves.....


But snow bunnies should be confident posers.  Not confused looking.

Take two.  Hands in pockets.  Eyes cast downward.  Yes, that'll work....


Hmmmm.  Maybe not.

What is a snow bunny anyway?

I don't even know.



pleated poppy

6 comments:

  1. Loved the socks on Ashley. Love the socks on you!! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha you're so cute! :) The socks definitely work on you. I still don't have any...I must find some before they're all gone for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "fashion forward" friend is currently in sweats and a t-shirt at 11:30... I think that title has passed me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious about the turkey enchiladas. Were they presentable that day because our chicken enchiladas actually had a lot of flavor a few weeks ago.

    And I like the socks out of the boots look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha........I thought turkey and enchiladas sounded quite suspect. I did not partake.

      Delete
  5. You are too cute! I'm new to your blog & am loving your posts about thrifting. I work at my moms best friends antique store 1 day a week.. and LOVE it! You've found some awesome finds!!

    ReplyDelete