Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What I Will Wear


I usually go to Leola's ~ my favorite antique shop ~ in search of vintage home decor.  I did not expect to find a pair of boots when I stopped in this week.

Boots that I've been longing for.  Searching thrift stores for.  Browsing eBay for.

I had even found a pair on Etsy that I put in my cart months ago......


I can't tell you how many times I almost hit the "check out" button. 

I mean, you can still get them for me, if you want.

Anyway, while browsing the booths at Leola's, my eyes did behold a beautiful sight.  On the floor.  In my size........


They aren't marked Frye.  But I'm going to pretend they are a pair of vintage Frye boots.  An unmarked pair for only $35.00.  Did Frye ever make boots that they didn't brand with their name? 

I will wear them with jeans.......


Rehabbed skirts..........


 Annnnd dresses........


Whether they are Frye or not.

Because I am in love.



pleated poppy

14 comments:

  1. Those are so cute - I'm jealous! Love them with the plaid skirt especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!!! Congrats on your find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love!

    I love that in the pic where they are empty they still have a sassy pose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my….I would live in those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you found them & I must say, they look good with everything. You never know what you'll find at Leola's. Thanks! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very glad you bought the boots. They are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! I especially love that last look with the dress, belt, & boots together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. With the dress is my FAVE! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a bit late to this discussion, but my mother purchased a pair of almost the exact same at Marshall's around 1979-ish. They have the same stacked, chunky heel and the same color leather. The only thing, the one's my mom had are a bit taller (they hit me just below my knee cap). I don't think they were Frye, they were some unknown brand but made in Brazil. I still love them so much and I just had them re-soled and cleaned/conditioned last year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just bought a pair of boots that LOOK like Fryes but are also unmarked. They are from the 80s, says the seller. Do yours have a style number in them?

    ReplyDelete