Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mrs. Green Jeans


When pastel skinnies hit the stores, I became obsessed with finding the perfect minty green pair.

Then Pinterest made it worse.

It gave me green jeans envy.

But it gave me green jeans ideas too.

This pin got me thinking about my oxfordy type shoes....

source

And this pin blew my mind with the navy and green color combo...

source

I needed to find green jeans.  

Enter a trip to the mall.

But after hitting all my regular stores........nothing.

A last ditch effort had me walking to (gasp) Sears.  Where I found my perfect pair of minty green skinnies.

Seriously.  I was in shock too.  But not so in shock that I couldn't get to work on those outfits.

Inspired by the pin of the black tipped shoes, I decided to go neutral on top.....


Then a trip to Old Navy yielded the perfect top to duplicate my new favorite color combination.....


Yahoooooo for two new outfits and green skinny jeans!

Never mind my completely dorky poses.

Especially the looking over my shoulder shot.

I probably shouldn't try that one ever again.




Linking up with....

pleated poppy

22 comments:

  1. eeeek i love them... you have just made me obsessed... i love anything mint green so now i'm on the hunt for a pair >.< i'm in the UK though... i'm green with envy at your pair ha ha xo

    pebbz | pebbzblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. those shoes are super cute & I have been on the hunt for mint green jeans! no luck!

    Happy Wednesday
    xx, ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe it or not, every great once in a while I find some fabulous piece of clothing at Sears. It's a nice little surprise. I have the most amazing silky/soft robe from there. And their sales can be amazing. Very cute. I can't wait to get me a pair of colored skinnies post baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! As soon as she's here, go snap up a pair!!!

      Delete
  4. super , super cute! I love their "minty" color... I have a pair that are more "forest green"... You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow those are cute jeans! I may check out sears now too, because like you i can't find them anywhere!! Buuut I did just get floral jeans thanks to pinterest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it! you look fabulous! I'm definitely thinking some colored skinnies are in my history!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! I would have never thought to go in sears! But I don't care where I find things as long as I find what I want! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sooo in love with those! I can't find mint green skinnies to save my life. I also have freakishly long legs, so finding jeans is practically impossible anyway. I was able to score a pair of coral skinnies, but didn't realize when I ordered them that they were on backorder till MAY! Holy cow.
    anyway, found you via the pleated poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE those colored jeans and with that striped shirt!! beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm still too timid to try the colored jeans trend but yours are super cute! http://www.christyBphotography.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cute jeans and I love both of the outfits you made with them. Love the pinspirations, too. I would love to have some minty jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  12. awe those green pants are so cute!! I just might need to get a pair now too (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute! We both totally rocked the mint and stripes! Glad you found your pair of minty jeans...they seem to be everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love love Mrs. Green jeans!!! Super cute! Put on your Sunday best kids, we are going to SEARS! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, green jeans envy! I think that should be a diagnosable syndrome haha. And I love the pair you found! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the color! you look great :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that color jeans. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look AWESOME!!!!!! Love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look completely adorable! Just add a basket and you're ready for an Easter parade!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love both combinations with the mint jeans :) You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE the skinny jeans! You totally read my mind - I've been wanting to find some like that. I guess it's off to Sears now :) You look fab, by the way.

    ReplyDelete