Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Chevron Love


Usually my legs don't see the light of day til they've been artificially sunkissed a bit.  But with the 80 degree temps this week, I decided to break my own rule. 

Do fourth graders really care about my pasty white skin?

I think not.

It was time for a new dress to make its debut on the bulletin board lined runway.

I mean hallway.

Anyway.

I fell in love with this dress while at T.J.Maxx.  And even though I had promised myself that I was not going to buy anything and that I was only there to return some shoes,  I knew that its chevrony goodness was meant to be.

In my closet.

My weakness for chevron could only be cured with this purchase.....



The legs were overlooked, luckily.

Instead the conversation went elsewhere...


Kiddo:  "Mrs. Long, you totally remind me of 
Dorothy from Wizard of Oz in that dress!"

Me:  "How does this dress remind you of 
Dorothy?  Her dress was blue and white."

Kiddo with a shrug:  "It just does.  
You just look like her."


So then I clicked my heels for her and chanted that famous line.

Maybe it was the shoes.....



All I know is that the whole heel clicking chanting thing did not work.







pleated poppy



26 comments:

  1. super cute dress!!! and.. kids say the darndest things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this dress! And I'm not buying that pasty legs thing - you look great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You look so cute. Kids say such funny things!
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you made a very wise decision.....the dress looks great. And when a 4th grade girl says you look like Dorothy, you've definitely recieved a compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have swiped that dress up too! Smart choice!! Love the print and style! I am sure you were the star of the bulletin board runway! ;)
    xo,
    Shanna
    Giveaway @ Because Shanna Said So

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, that dress is so so great! I'm going to have to troll my TJ Maxx!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chevron printed dress is adorable! And that's so cute that your student thought you looked like Dorothy :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute dresses galore from you lately!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this dress! i too have a chevron weekness and this dress is divine, it looks totally gorgeous on you too x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. We'll call it fortunate lighting in the picture? I swear they aren't!!!

      Delete
  11. That dress really flatters you! What's the brand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Bella D is the brand! Never heard of it!

      Delete
  12. Love the dress! You and Whit still haven't posed for a fashionable pose with Lockmiller yet and the year is quickly winding down. I demand a posed picture! I demand a posed picture! And then it can my your High Five Friday post. 2 birds, one photo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This dress is gorgeous! I love the print.
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dress is awesome! I have a weakness for chevron (and all things striped) too, there's no way that dress could be left all by it's lonesome in the store. I'm glad you gave it a loving home :)

    xo, Megan
    gingerly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing!!!I love it!!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute dress! I love it.

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my gosh that dress is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That dress is gorgeous! Such a fun design! I've decided that I'm just embracing my pale legs this year. :)

    Jess
    fancypants514.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. that dress s awesome, love the colour and the print and it looks super cute on you. Very cute about your students.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What white legs?! You look tan to me! Love the dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my goodness, I love this dress, it looks great on you too!

    xo Jessica
    www.newlyloved.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. If you want to see white legs, just look at mine. I am part ginger. LOVE the dress and love the kiddo's comments. I think I might have to go to T.J. Maxx soon!

    ReplyDelete