Wednesday, July 30, 2014

What I Wore (to the beach)


Summer is almost over.  Teachers in our district are contracted to return next week!  It was a shorter summer than usual, so I really tried to pack it in.

One goal was to reaaaaallllly clean the house.  Actually, organize and purge.  And that happened.  I got rid of so many things, including lots of clothing.  At the end of my purge-fest, I vowed not to purchase any clothing over the summer.

Then we scheduled a vacation (goal number two).  And I came across this bathing suit that I had to have....... 


Promise broken.

Did I really break a promise though?  Do swimsuits even count as clothing? 

This retro inspired one piece was my one big purchase of the summer.  And while it was a splurge, I don't regret it.  

I mean, everyone needs a swimsuit that makes them feel like a movie star, right?

















Linking up with The Pleated Poppy and....




17 comments:

  1. That swimsuit is worth the splurge!!! So freaking CUUUUUUTE!!!! I bet you were the most adorable lady on the beach! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That swimsuit is darling!! Especially with the hat - so perfect!
    Jessi
    www.haircutandgeneralattitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is pretty darn promise breaking cute!

    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE swimsuit!!! So cute!!! it was worth it:-)
    Glad I found your blog!
    xoShannon
    www.onestylishmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that!! And of course swim suits don't count as clothing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH GOOD!!!!!!!!!! So I totally kept my promise then!!!!

      Delete
  6. If you feel like a movie star in a swimsuit, it doesn't matter if its $1000, YOU BUY IT!!!

    -AJ
    OccasionallyAJ.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bathing suit is AMAZING. Definitely worth the splurge.

    Glad to hear you enjoyed your short summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Danavee! My name is Michelle and I have a beauty/lifestyle blog called Ravin Review. I found your blog through Bloggers Coast to Coast- my husband and I just moved to Springfield! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHH! Welcome!!!!!!!!!! I'll go check out your blog!

      Delete
  9. so adorable! and totally worth it! After Baby #2, I think I'm going to be rocking a cute one-piece next summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That bathing suit is killer!!! So worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That swimsuit is beautiful! It was for sure worth the splurge.

    ReplyDelete