I am a big fan of all things Mexican. And if you put Doritos in the title, my interest might be further piqued. So when I spotted a pin for Mexican Dorito Casserole, I knew I had to try it at least once.......
Mexican Dorito Casserole
(copied from original source)
2 c. shredded cooked chicken
1 c. shredded cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can Ro-tel tomatoes
1/2 packet taco seasoning
bag of Doritos
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except Doritos.
3. In a greased 2 qt baking dish, put a layer of crushed Doritos (about 2 cups), then a layer of the chicken mixture. Repeat once more, ending with a layer of chicken mixture. Top with more shredded cheese, cover, and bake for 30-35 minutes, till bubbling hot.
* * * *
- A 2 quart baking dish is roughly a 9 x 9 inch baking dish. Thank you Google.
- I added some crushed Doritos to the top before I baked it.
- The mister picked out every last tomato. (And I thought I was the one who hated cooked tomatoes.) Soooo next time, I'll forgo the Rotel and add diced green chilis instead.
- The thought of eating this leftover scared the heck outta me. All I could think about was soggy chips. And when I mentioned it to the mister, he was skeptical too. So I told him I'd test out a tablespoon myself. So brave. Well, we were both glad I did, because it was great!
(Annnnd I didn't have to cook that night.)