On any given day, my car will look like this......
Because I'm constantly in search of merchandise for my booth.
It's like a revolving door.
Things come home to be cleaned, priced, or hoarded.
Then they might end up back in the car to be added to the booth.
When I'm thrifting, I have specific items that I like to spy. Here are my five favorite things I keep my eyes peeled for....
1. Frames, mirrors, or pictures. Plain old frames and mirrors fly outta my booth like hotcakes! I usually give them a little color before putting them in my booth. Spray paint is my best friend.
|If I do same color groupings, the stuff usually sells as a set!!|
2. Vintage suitcases and carry-on cases. Can't keep these in my booth either. But I also sort of have my own collection of them. If they are light green or red, they are staying at home with me.
|Found the suitcase for $2.50. The carry-on was $2.25.|
3. Textiles in the form of vintage napkins, towels, or tablecloths. And afghans or pillows. I have quite the stockpile of vintage tablecloths. And vintage pillows cause my heart to skip a few beats.
|Fifty cents for the feedsack fabric (both pieces). Pillow...$1.98!!!!|
4. Kitchenware: Pyrex, Fire King, and ironstone. The booth loves all of these things. So do I. Therefore, I must limit my hoarding. I try to focus my Pyrex and Fire King collections: Turquoise Butterprint Pyrex and Jadite Fire King. All others go to the booth....
5. Skirts. This new addiction started more recently. Skirts are easy to alter. And vintage pleated skirts are irresistible.
|It has belt loops! Only $1.30!|
I do not limit myself to these five categories. I have tons of weaknesses. In fact, the mister banned me from buying lamps or mirrors unless they are going into the booth.
I have a hard time separating my love for my finds from the practicality of putting them in my booth.
It's a work in progress.
Linking up with Her Library Adventures and Apron Thrift Girl.