Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's that time again....


School is practically in session.  Which means my classroom must be put back together again.......


The best custodian ever painted my room this summer, so I'm in the mood to redecorate my space.  Light gray is so much better than butter.  Butter colored walls are bad.  Gray colored walls are good.

Another good thing?  My new rug.........


That's chevrony goodness, huh?

And my sort-of-new chairs, which were headed to storage until I spotted them..........


To match my brown and blue color scheme!

Instead of these awful things........

  
Which are orange.  And huge. 
And very wide.  And won't stay on 
desks at the end of the day.

And they are orange.

The chairs, newly painted walls, and my chevron rug inspired me to buy curtains too......


To hide six shelves of this........


But let's talk about this horse.........


I mean last summer it was a sombrero wearing JFK bust.  Now this?

Who is messing with me?  And why do you like to leave random objects on my desk over the summer?

This isn't over! 

Let the horsing around begin!




6 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Can't wait to stop by and see your new room all put together! :) Looks like it's going to be fabulous (and much more you!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. jealous of the wall color. gonna miss you all =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I love the new wall color...who ever thought "butter" was conducive to learning! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, there!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you had a good time! ;)
    I must agree that grey walls are SO much better than butter... if I could, I would paint all of the walls in my house grey. I don't think my fiance would appreciate that, though. Ha.
    Have a great rest of your week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got RID of your orange chairs too? Good gosh! It's gonna be a LUCKY year for you, it looks like!!! Can I rub your arm, or head, or kneecap?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wall color looks great! That popcorn color was hideous. I like my orange chairs. I don't know why...

    ReplyDelete