Friday, March 2, 2012

One Fish, Two Fish


Red Fish, Blue Fish....


I really wish I could take credit for this.

But I can't.

Thanks to Pinterest, I was able to host a "date" with our Kindergarten buddies in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday with the cutest little themed treat!

I was very excited about this tasty delight, but I had no experience with Jello.  I do not buy it.  I do not eat it.

All I knew is that I needed twelve boxes of the stuff.  And that pouring 48 individual servings might make me feel like dying.

I was determined, however, because it was so darn adorable!

Anyway.

With one helpful sidekick, we knocked it out in less than an hour.  We had it down to an art.

Whit rocked on microwave duty......


I was a beast at stirring and pouring......


The sidekick had experienced a Jello mishap once in her life, and I was convinced it wasn't going to turn out right.  But miracle of miracles, when I went to check the Jello the next morning, it had set perfectly. 

So sidekick and I ~ Thing 1 and Thing 2 ~ who didn't even PLAN to dress similarly the next day....


.....could add the Swedish Fish before the gathering began.....


Dr. Seuss books were read.  

Much Jello was eaten.  

A few fish were spit out.  

But the date couldn'ta been beaten.


*   *   *   *   *   *   *
Linking up with:

KitchenFun


 For the Kids Friday



3 comments:

  1. That's so cute! And kind of amazing the way you two coordinated without planning it. My Kindergartener would have loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jell-o mishaps are legit. Although everyone we tell seems to give me the "You're kidding, right?" look. Maybe it was just me. Stupid jell-o.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the best teacher ever. I am impressed.

    I think by the time Grace gets to 5th Grace, we need to move to your school district. It is 5th grade you teach, right?

    ReplyDelete