Friday, November 29, 2013

Lately.....


What I've been up to:

Craftiness........


Bleaching bottle brush trees really does work!  Ivory trees are so much prettier!

Now I need to decide if I'll dye them or add small bulbs.


*   *   *   *
  
The booth.......


I added that fun vintage cardigan this week.  And put both booths on sale!

Local friends, stop by Relics for 10% off both spaces!  Cute vintage sweaters included!!!


*   *   *   *

Hanging with my family..........


I like those people.

*   *   *   * 

Saying good-bye....


I visited my Grampy's house one last time before it sells.

Moving on is tough.  So many memories took place between those walls.  In those fields.

And I'm sentimental to a fault.

Letting go doesn't really help to put closure on losing someone so precious.

Or maybe it will.


 *   *   *   *
  
Cheering myself up........


With online shopping.

I've been longing for an elbow patch sweater.  And I couldn't resist the online Gap sale.

Then there's that jacketThose sleeves.

And there was no standing in line, freezing to death, or tackling involved.

That's my kinda Black Friday.












*   *   *   *

Follow me on Instagram @thisvintagegrove!!



6 comments:

  1. So sorry that there was another phase in losing your grandpa. I can only imagine how hard it is letting go of his house. I'm glad you went back and visited one last time. Remember, those memories will all live in in your heart.

    Love those bottleneck trees. This year, I found myself falling completely and madly in love with them. I vote for leaving them white and adding some bulbs to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your grandpa. Homes hold so many memories and it's hard to let something go when it reminds you so much of the person you loved. Praying for your family this season! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bottle brush trees came out so good! And I love the sweater you added to the booth. I so wish I could come shop in your store!
    I'm sorry you guys had to let go of your grandpa's house.
    ~Great big bear hug to you!~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, didn't know about the bleach idea- looks great!!

    I love your Grampy's house. I don't know if letting go of things helps or not but it sure is hard. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!

      YES! Go bleach some bottle brush trees!!!

      Delete
  5. Love that sweater - swoon.

    Sorry about your grandfather's house; that's so hard. I still tear up when I think about my grandmother's house. We moved a lot when I was young, so her house always felt like home to me. Thank goodness for happy memories! xoxo

    ReplyDelete