Tuesday, September 9, 2014

What I Wore (to a reception)


Once upon a time I churned out weekly outfit posts!  Now they happen once in a blue moon.

Well, that blue moon must have been out last night.  Or maybe it was out the night before I found this dress.  I don't know.  But this new, favorite dress of mine is worth an outfit post.

Anyway.

I was in desperate need of a new outfit for a wedding reception.  The evening was going to be a little on the chilly side for this time of year, so I wanted something that was sort of a transition type piece.  And Express delivered with the perfect summer-is-on-its-way-out-and-fall-is-coming dress.


A little black lace + some tribal embroidery + three-quarter length sleeves = perfect!!!  I love this dress so much.

I even wore it to work on Monday. 

Now on to the fun that was had.........


The lovely bride is a longtime friend of ours (as is the groom).  They had the most beautiful reception ever.  I seriously felt like I was at a private party for a celebrity couple.  It.  Was.  Amazing.

And so is this dress!  

Which is currently on sale!

It comes in ivory too!

Go get one!








Linking up with The Pleated Poppy
Two Thirty-Five Designs and....... 


17 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, that dress is absolute perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful dress on you, love the shape, the lace and the embroidery! You look great.
    from the link up
    please stop by, jess
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great look! Hope you had fun!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. your dress is beautiful, I love the white embroidery, so feminine. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely! I'm a sucker for 3/4 sleeves too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you, pretty lady! Your friends are all stunning!!

    -AJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful dress, very versatile piece.

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your look and your blog! Added you to my Fashion Friday Link Up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous dress! Love the lace, white embroidery and 3/4 length sleeves! You look great!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous dress! And it fits the wedding theme, it seems :)

    Found you via the linkup. Would you like to connect o GFC or social media? let me know if you're up for it!

    Abby,
    http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete