Sunday, November 2, 2008

Elvis, Dancing Bears, Etc.

I tried voting this morning. I kept right on driving when I saw how crazy the line was and that the parking lot was overflowing. All day long I wondered how long it would take me to vote after work. I was prepared! I was thinking how I would enjoy the nice weather while I stood outside in line. I had my jacket just in case I got chilly! Then when I pulled up, I discovered that my wait would be SHORT! I parked right up front and was done within 10 minutes.

Pumpkin Pie concretes from Andy's ROCK. They are AMAZING!!!!!!!!! You can only get them for a limited time, so get to Andy's quickly!

I have always loved this print by William Beard called "The Dancing Bears." For years, there has been a blank spot on my wall above my sofa. It has been waiting for this special picture. So while shopping for a birthday present in Kirkland's on Sunday, what do I find?????? MY PICTURE! It took everything within me to NOT completely go crazy! What made it even better, was the crazy price..........on sale for $30! I was ready to pay whatever! And it was the size I needed it to be! Anyway, I snatched one up immediately! It makes me smile when I look at it.

Recently, one of my kiddos gave me a guitar pick as a gift and said it once belonged to Elvis. Of course I then questioned how he was able to find such an interesting piece of history.......and why did he want to give it to me? He says, "I bought it on eBay and it came with like 40 other guitar picks Elvis used, so I thought I would share." So then I just HAD to say, "Thank you. Thank you very much."

2 comments:

  1. So glad you got your picture... I was actually searching it out for your Christmas gift so not totally glad, but still happy. I am so jealous of your gift... You ain't nothin but a hound dog for getting it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have very sweet students and interesting ones too!!!

    ReplyDelete