Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Return of Itchy Legs

My last band related duty for the year was this weekend: The Republic Christmas Parade. I was dreading it with all my soul, but now that it's over, it was actually lots of fun. It's always lots of fun. Every year! I just forget that when I have to get up at 7 a.m. on a Saturday morning and the temperature is below freezing.


As usual, we hiked from the high school all the way to Main Street, down the parade route and back to the high school, so by the time we hit the park, my legs were aflame! Itchy, itchy, itchy! I realized I wasn't alone this time though. One of my girls was also having an itch attack! I made sure I explained the phenomenon to her.

So it's good-bye to marching band until tryouts this spring (with the exception of our annual Christmas party). I do believe I'll survive, BUT I've got to get this itchy leg syndrome under control! Does that mean I'll have to start exercising?

Nevermind......

2 comments: