Saturday, February 6, 2010

Eight Months In

Let me clarify: eight months since I got married.

In those eight months, I've been surprised to discover a few things. Funny things. Harmless really......

We go through laundry detergent, toilet paper, and milk at warp speed.

Let's discuss this further:
  • Milk ~ Now I love milk, don't get me wrong. But Kenny drinks it as if it sustains life. He likes it so much that he buys two gallons at a time. And we still go through it like it's going out of style. One ~of many~ positive notes to mention: Kenny will go grocery shopping by himself. He'll call to see if we need anything on the way home from work. I LOVE THIS! This is GOOD. And yes, we usually need milk, detergent, or toilet paper.
  • Toilet paper ~ This one is hard to explain, yet not. Seems like I didn't have trouble keeping it in stock before I had a roomie. Now it's about as bad as keeping enough milk in the house. Luckily, I haven't had to resort to taking it from work just yet.
  • Laundry detergent ~ For me, a bottle of this could last months. But now it seems as if we buy it as often as I fill up the tank in my car. This one I can explain though: Kenny is very particular about his laundry. He usually does one to two small loads a day. He does it himself (another positive), not because I'm incapable, but because I forget to use dryer sheets. I never use dryer sheets. He is a firm believer in dryer sheets. Thus, I don't do his laundry. I forget the dryer sheets. I've learned that dryer sheets are important. To him. Very. But..............
I think I'll keep him anyway.

2 comments:

  1. 8 months! Wow, time flies!! I feel you on the milk. I buy a half gallon and struggle to get it done by the time it expires, Chris however can drink a half gallon in two days. This will be interesting. That makes me laugh about the laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I suggest writing him a Haiku for Valentine's Day? Maybe it would go something like this:

    Milk guzzler of mine
    My, how strong your bones must be!
    I love you... gallons.

    ReplyDelete