Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Weapons

Sometimes, when a person lives alone, and things go bump in the night, you get creative when faced with possible danger. Let me explain.........

While sitting at my computer this evening, I hear a deafening crash from the depths of my garage. I immediately freeze.....

Listen......

Put the tv on mute.......

Listen some more......

Grab my cell phone and look around for the best possible weapon:
the fireplace poker.


Yep, that would do some damage! Unless my get-up scares the predator off first.......horrible cardigan, sweats, woolly socks.........you get the idea. Anyway, I proceed, with phone and weapon in hand, to the source of the crash: the garage. I'm immediately greeted by my dog, who seemed to be as scared as I was. Upon investigation, I discovered that some trim which had been propped up on the wall had come crashing down.

That's it! Poking or whacking with the fireplace poker was unnecessary. But I have an arsenal of household items that would turn into great weapons, if needed.

3 comments:

  1. You nerd... although I would have done the same thing probably in my house. In my apartment I just hid in my closet, actually slept in there one time. Do you remember that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The angry tarantula is still a plausible theory.

    ReplyDelete