Thursday, July 29, 2010

Diary of a Bathroom



July 26, 2010 ~ Remodel Day 1

The bathroom took on a few different forms on Day 1.

From this:


Which is how we left it for them.

To this:


Which was after the removal of sheetrock, toilet, tub, and vanity.

Then this:


Which was the laying of the new subfloor.

And at the end of the day, the front yard looked like this..........


Habitat for Humanity is coming next week for our
tub, toilet, sink, and the infamous shower doors!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 27, 2010 ~ Remodel Day 2

We got sheetrock on the walls...........


And an unplumbed tub installed...........


And we resorted to begging people for showers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 28, 2010 ~ Remodel Day 3

I was gone all day for a workshop at school. I left before Bob
even arrived, so I was anxious to get home to see the progress.

I was not disappointed.


Not only did the cement board get installed on the floor and
shower wall, there was progress on the sheetrock (patching the
seams) as well as the plumbing for the tub. And as if that wasn't
enough, I discovered that part of the kitchen wall we needed
work on had been sanded and painted! Bob is a rock star.

Oh. But can I use your shower?


3 comments:

  1. I think our housewarming... I mean... bathwarming gift to you (from Jack and me) will be some shower spray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I've already commented... but this is strictly about love for the new background. Strictly. And I could not deny the love. It overtook me... and my little fingers too.

    And I can type the love, but it's a weak substitute for the actual love. And so I'll quit typing the love in just a moment. But, you should know that I do love the new background even though I can't adequately convey the love in this format. So, see, I love but you'll never be able to understand how much I love. Because you can type the love, but you can't give a Moose a Muffin. He'll always want some jam to go with it. Jam-Hog!! Moose (and Elk, for that matter) are just frustrating creatures.

    I love your new background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was, most definitely, the best part of my day.

    You also cannot give a mouse a cookie OR a pig a pancake. They just take advantage. It's not fair.

    ReplyDelete