Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Love & Hate

I know. Two consecutive "Love & Hate" entries.

SORRY!

How bout I mix it up and do the "hate" part first.............


Hate: Daylight savings.

#1. It makes me feel like I'm running late for work in the morning, since it's now light out when I leave for school.

#2. When I get home, I feel like it's already bedtime. The early onset of darkness makes me so sad. Especially on these 70 degree days we've been having.

Another hate: Cave crickets.

Again.

There was not only one, but TWO cave crickets in the bathroom last night.

You all know how I feel about them.

And the mister was asleep already. So guess who had to kill them?

Luckily, my shoe aim was on last night. (And it was the mister's shoe. Shhhh!!!!)

I get the heebie geebies just typing about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love: I got to hear my favorite Christmas song live and in person Friday night. I didn't cry, but I did smile the whole time. It made me very happy.

It's a wonder I didn't have a seizure at the concert. There were crazy lights. They had fire and fireworks. It was great.


Minus a few cheesy moments........cue choreographed dance moves, arm motions, and hair flinging. Oh, and narration too.

Yeah, none of those things work for me.

But the instrumentals and vocals were outstanding.




(The very small, sideways video.....not so outstanding)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love (again): My favorite shop, Leola's had their annual holiday open house last week, and I left with more of one of my obsessions: vintage Shiny Brite ornaments.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Even MORE Love: I never win stuff.........so something crazy is going on........because I have won THREE things this week.
  • An apron at Ashley's Pampered Chef party......

Thank you Ash and Kathy!!
  • A facial or glycolic peel (both a $50 value) from Esthetiques (my fave spa)......

Speaking of Esthetiques, I have to rave about them. They hosted a Customer Appreciation Night this week, and I walked away with not only the gift certificate for the facial but also a free eyebrow wax, a free 20 minute massage, a free manicure, and a gift bag filled with samples and discounts. They had treats and drinks too. It was amazing.

So basically, I have way more to love than to hate.

And my bushy eyebrows have been tamed.

And my fingernails are bright red.


I feel pretty lucky.

3 comments:

  1. I call a truce. Your concert was probably nice. The song makes me want to go trolling through the neighborhoods, looking at Christmas lights. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think trolling is even a word. Whoops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are on a lucky roll! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete