Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 8th


Today a Christmas miracle happened.

I went to Silver Dollar City with the mister, mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law, niece, and nephew.

This is a miracle because it was Mother's Day and my birthday.  And we were all together.  At a theme park.

This has not occurred since Hill and I were probably in junior high or high school.

We weren't sure if they'd let us on the kiddie roller coaster together.  They did....


Having the fam together on such a special day, doing something we used to do way back when, was really lovely.




Silver Dollar City hasn't changed much......
  • The bags they put your purchases in are the same.
  • You still get one piece of free taffy.
  • Pork rinds are still offered up for sampling.
  • The Flooded Mine still has those creepy chattering teeth.
  • Someone still needs their pants on Fire in the Hole.
  • Annnndddd the train ride "skit" that I memorized as a child is the same.  Word for word.........
 
My birthday present was a Season Pass.  So I can go back all summer long and watch this skit as often as I want.  Maybe next time I'll heckle them.

Maybe next time I'll buy a mug.  I'll make sure to take my Sharpie


6 comments:

  1. Did you try the Giant Barn Swing? And did you talk with any crazies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered if you were boiling to death. I'm glad to see you didn't and had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the picture of you and your sister on the kiddie coaster and of you and your nephew. So sweet. I haven't been to SDC since I was tenish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!
    Silver Dollar City is probably my all-time favorite place (Atleast here at home). I'm very impressed you guys got on the kiddie coaster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun... I want a season pass now! Did you ride the big coaster!? Glad you had a happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!! Silver dollar city is so fun. I love the food! And and I love your new background!

    ReplyDelete