Monday, May 2, 2011

A list of good things...


I was stressed last week.

As if you couldn't tell from my last post.  But I'm better now, and I have lots of things to be happy about.

1.  Two of my friends worked really hard to get enough Michael Buble tickets in order for us to all sit together. Thanks Schlag and Nancy!  Now I have TWO concerts to look forward to this summer!

 2.  I got these two items at a garage sale Saturday, but I don't think they'll end up in the booth....

I think the birdcage needs to sit 
atop my piano, once I clean it up.

And I think this little green table should, 
uh, 
um, 
go, 
uh,
in my special room for now.  

3.  A few years ago, I found a vintage croquet set by the dumpster at the mister's apartment complex (when he was still just my special manfriend).  I secretly put it in my trunk when he wasn't looking because he was adamantly against me "dumpster diving."  I told him it wouldn't be dumpster diving because they weren't actually in the dumpster.

He still didn't go for it.

That's why I had to be sneaky.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, I took all the mallets and priced them individually to be sold in the booth.  The set was missing some pieces and the mallets and balls didn't have all their matches.  I thought maybe I could make more money this way.

And guess what?

Every single one of them sold this week.  For a grand total of $15.00.

Next, I'll put the balls from the set in my booth.

If I can part with them.

They kinda look neat in a bowl......

Source

See???

Who wouldn't want vintage croquet balls in a bowl in their house?

That's what I thought.

I knew you'd feel the same way.



5 comments:

  1. Keep the croquet balls...I LOVE them in the bowl!!

    Morgan wants to bring her croquet set for fun in the sun day...her dad said that a bunch of mallets in the hands of 4th grade boys might not be a good idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Someone is on my side! Keep it is!

    Yes, croquet would be PERFECT for Friday, BUT we might have to make it a "girls only" event! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Keep the croquet balls. However, you could totally paint that birdcage bright yellow and put it in your booth. Pretty sure Joel would buy it and hang it in our living room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, hmmmmm, part with the birdcage? Paint it yellow? You'll be the first to know if it goes into the booth. Or I'll hunt for more!

    ReplyDelete