Saturday, July 2, 2011

Two Fifths


One "fifth" was the fifth anniversary of getting my house.  I always remember what a big day it was........going to the closing all by myself..........getting my house completely on my own.  

I can't believe I've lived here for five years!  So much has been accomplished in that time.  All the visions I had for the place are becoming reality.  I can't wait for the next project to be completed.  

*   *   *   *

The second "fifth" was the Fifth Annual Garage Sale we had this weekend!


I can't believe we've had five of these babies!  And each year they get bigger, even though we donate every bit that we don't sell.

Looking back on previous sales, we've had one that was fun even though I may have been a bit delusional.  One where I got sweet vindication but was emotional.  And another that was messy.

The only word to really describe this one?

H.O.T.

Heat indexes through the roof.  But it was still successful, and we always have a good time.  Especially when Pullan brings her famous salsa.  And there's unlimited lemonade.

Oh, and does anyone need a dryer with a slight squeak?

1 comment:

  1. You deserve all the money you made & much more for staying out in the heat. I can hardly stand to water my plants. Congrats on your fifth year -- time flies when you're having fun. Hope you have many more happy years in your house. Happy 4th!!!!!! Jan

    ReplyDelete