Sunday, May 13, 2012

Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti


Time for another crockpot recipe found on Pinterest!  This pin jumped out at me because of the caption.  Something to do with cheese and crockpots.  If either of those are involved, I'm in.

This was easy and super tasty.  I will make it again and again......... 




Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
(copied from original source)

16 oz dry spaghetti, cooked
1 lb Velveeta 
2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can of petite diced tomatoes
4 oz can of mild green chilies
4 oz can mushroom stems & pieces, drained
1/2 cup water
1 small onion, diced 
salt & pepper to taste

Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and mix well. Cook on LOW for 2-3 hours. 

*   *   *   *
My notes:
  • I'll give you one guess which ingredient I left out.  Yep, tomatoes.  And it was just fine.  I think some fresh, diced tomatoes on top would be nice, but I just can't do cooked!
  • I did not put in an entire brick of Velveeta.  That felt, um, wrong.  I started with half, and as it melted I added a few more slices.  In the end, it was Velveeta-y enough.
  • I did not add the pasta to the crockpot.  I plated the pasta and ladled the chicken mixture on top.
  • I was able to freeze a monstrous portion of the sauce (without pasta) and still have leftovers.  It makes A LOT! 
  • It was even better leftover!

And when the mister will eat something leftover, then you know it's good!




 Mrs Happy Homemaker



    12 comments:

    1. yum...I cn tell by he picture and ingredients this is yummy! thanks.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I just might start randomly stopping by on Sunday evenings for dinner!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Anything with Velveeta melts my heart. I am sold on this one! Printing the recipe out now and heading to the grocery store. ;) Thanks for sharing your fab recipes! I need all the help I can get! ;)
      xo,
      Shanna

      ReplyDelete
    4. Mmm....Velveeta is so stinkin' delicious, even if no one is really sure exactly what it is! ha!

      ReplyDelete
    5. oh my! this is making my mouth water! And I've just had lunch! Must try your fabulous recipe soon! x

      ReplyDelete
    6. Oh god that looks so good! Totally going on my list of comfort foods!

      XO,
      Erin
      http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    7. AH this looks soo yummy! I want to try it

      xo Jessica
      www.newlyloved.com

      ... thanks for the shout out on your last post too!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Whoa, sounds so good! :) Can't wait to try it!

      ReplyDelete
    9. yup! so making this, any recipe with a crock pot is a must try in my book. i am always wanting more and more crock pot recipes, it is a working wife's best friend

      ReplyDelete
    10. You had me at Crock Pot!! It's the only way I know how to cook :o) I am definitely making this recipe and will be pinning it to my crock pot board. Happy to be your newest follows via GFC and FB! Thanks for sharing at A Pinteresting Party. -Sarah @ Repeat Crafter Me

      ReplyDelete
    11. I really need to use my crock pot more! This sounds really good. Thanks for sharing at A Pinteresting Party. :)

      ReplyDelete
    12. Oooo, this sounds so good! We are so glad you came to another week of our fun "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". Please join us again! -The Sisters

      ReplyDelete