Friday, May 4, 2012

Five Things Friday


1.  Had my first Farmers' Market visit of the season.  I love the atmosphere and buying from local vendors.  I walked away with an irresistible bouquet and some herbs.  I plan on potting the herbs this weekend.  Not that they'll survive, but a girl can hope.  If there are any green thumbs out there with pointers, please chime in....



2.  Speaking of green thumbs, I may have been in a plant trance this week.  I also bought some succulents at the hardware store.  I haven't decided where or how to plant them.  Separately?  Together in one large pot?  Inside or outside?  HELP!!! 

Please Lord, let them live.........I heart them so much.....



3.  I went to Starbucks only ONCE this week.  Something must be wrong with me!?  But when my free birthday drink arrived in the mail, I could resist no longer.....



4.  And while I'm on the topic of birthdays.  It's comin' up!  You are welcome to buy these shoes for me.  I will love you forever.  Any color will do.  Size 9.  I spotted them on a blog this week and haven't been able to stop thinking about them.....



5.  Every year I do some sort of craft with my students for Mother's Day.  This year, we all wanted to do something different.  And thanks to an idea from a coworker, the project got underway.  Bookmarks.  Made out of a photo of their child........



I already bought my mom a shirt and nail polish.

Should I give it to the mister?






Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. hahahah! love the bookmark!!!

    and ooooh those succulents are gorgeous!!!

    i haven't tried any outside yet but i have some inside and they do ok! i used pebbles/gravel on the bottom then cactus soil then pebbles on the top once they were planted. purty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy almost birthday! Any fun plans for celebrating? Happy Friday, and enjoy your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I LOVE the bookmark idea even MORRRRRRE now that I've seen your example. This is gonna be hilarious. I need a tassel-making tutorial please...

    I also need to know if I spelled tassel correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bookmark is hilarious! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with that bookmark idea! It's adorable :) Happy early Birthday and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that bookmark is fabulous! love it!

    I love those succulents, I'm thinking all together in one nice pot...maybe outside for now and then inside when the temps cool down in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that bookmark!! So great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! That bookmark is fabulous.
    I would give you plant advice... but everything with roots that I've ever touched has died, so I don't think you'd want my advice. :)
    I do love those shoes! They're amazing!

    Found you through High Five for Friday!
    Alyx
    Every Day is a New Adventure"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are by far the funniest book marks ever! you should do one for your mom too! Heck- maybe I'll do one for my mom too!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have peony pictures that look almost identical to yours! :) Our plant had ONE lonely bloom this year. And girl, you KNOW I have zero tips for you on how to keep plants ALIVE. I have plenty for how to kill them! hahaha

    That bookmark is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry, I didn't get the shoes for you, but I can finally give you your present soon! Now I feel like a slacker because my kids haven't done anything for Mother's Day. We could do it on Monday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have plenty of time to get this done next week! DO IT!

      Delete
  12. How do you get a free Starbucks for your B-Day!? P.S. Happy Birthday!

    http://bronsonbloopers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll post the directions on your blog!

      Delete
  13. I have to say, I'm a size 9, as well, so if those shoes come across my path I'd have a very hard time giving them up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I, too, live in Missouri and bought some succulents last week at Westlake Ace Hardware! I only bought three and planted them individually in vintage white Haeger planters that I had on hand. They are on my front porch on an old chippy table. I hope they survive. I may have to go get some more!

    ReplyDelete