Sunday, May 20, 2012

Thrifting Frenzy


The thrifting fairies have been on my side lately!  I've been able to find some goodies, not only for myself, but also the booth!

What I'm keeping......


I've been obsessed with finding vintage pleated skirts.  And two popped up this week, both $3.98 and my size!  Pretty thrilled with the colors too.  I've been pinning some styling ideas, so these are heading to my closet.

More keepers.........


Two ribbed bowls marked U.S.A. only $0.79 each!!  I'm building a set, and the count is at four now!  I'm pretty sure homemade ice cream would taste even better served up in these!

The crowned jewel.......


A vintage dress for $5.98 had me squealing out loud in the aisles.  And when I got home, I floated around the house in it.  Styling it with different belts and shoes.  Completely smitten.  Next to my Easter skirt, this might be my favorite thrifted clothing item.

*   *   *   *

What's heading to the booth........


Ohhhh vintage suitcases.  I love you.  But alas, I have quite the stockpile.  Which means these two beauties will eventually be for sale.

Also going to Relics.......


I cannot pass up oval Buffalo china.  And at $0.99 per piece, I'll be able to make a few bucks on these.  They never last long.

*   *   *   *

What I'm undecided on......


I can't resist a perfect Pyrex piece.  Especially when the price is low ($3.98) and it's in mint condition.  A blog buddy (who knows her Pyrex) tells me it's the Gold Acorn divided dish.

My dilemma?  It's not the pattern I collect.  But when has that ever stopped me?

Hmmmm.  Keep or sell???

I promise you will not see me on the next episode of Hoarders.

I said I promise.



11 comments:

  1. I have to say I'm once again jealous over your clothing finds! Those skirts are sah-wheet:) Psssssttttt....I think you should keep the Pyrex, too. We'll be on Hoarders on the same episode, how does that sound :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll eat homemade ice cream in one of those bowls too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bah! I'm so jealous of all these finds! I wish our thrift stores were as good as your's! And that Easter skirt is just perfection. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your skirts are a beautimus find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't concentrate on the rest of your blog after you said "homemade ice cream."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those luggages are in great condition!

    Wished we had more thrift stores in singapore with such great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice finds! I found some of those ivory ribbed USA bowls over the weekend, too!!! And since I have tons of bowls right now, I left them behind. Now I'm totally regretting it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those skirts are just great! Don't you love good thrift finds? And those suitcases! I recently got one myself and made a cute little doggie bed out of it for the pup. Ah, thrifting......

    ReplyDelete