Friday, May 18, 2012

Five Things Friday

As I type this, there are two school days left.  Summer is in sight!!!!

1.  I hosted the Second Annual Bachelorette Premiere Party Monday night.  It was so.much.fun.  Everyone brought a tasty treat.  We feasted and watched and chatted!!!  Next week, we'll rotate to another house for more food, fun, and ridiculously awesome television.  I think this season is gonna be excellent.

And everyone accepted their rose.....


2.  Due to having the party at my house, I went on an extreme cleaning frenzy.  I should host things more often because coming home to floors you could eat off of is quite lovely.  The scent of vinegar and bleach filled the air allll weekend.  And I tried out a new cleaner from Target.  Grapefruit scents and vintage looking labels make cleaning more fun.

source

3.  We had a carnivalish type day at school on Wednesday!  I was able to work on my tan lines while manning Adrenaline Rush.  You'd be amazed at the way fourth graders can figure out how to go down a slide incorrectly.  And you might be surprised that staff was not allowed on the inflatables. 

But do you think that stopped us from sneaking in one (or two) turns????


4.  My very first Birchbox arrived.  And while I don't think I got the worst box ever, I'm not sure I was in love with the contents.  I will never be unhappy with nail polish.  And anything from Stila is cool.  But I think I had delusions of grandeur when I thought the Gossip Girl box would knock my socks off.

Birchbox, I'm not giving up on you yet.


5.  I made it through the entire school year without getting sick.  Til yesterday.  I seem to have some sort of cold.  Luckily, I'm not so sick that I need to call a sub.  Instead I've been drugging it up.  And Puffs (with lotion) are my best friend.


But does anyone know a cure for not having a voice on the last two days of school?

Seriously.

Good times.




Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Oh no! Sorry you're sick. The cure is to let them play, help pack the boxes and watch movies. It cures most things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i received my first birchbox last week and was not impressed. but i am giving them another chance to woo me next month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your party looks like so much fun! And I'm not always impressed by my Birchbox either, but usually there's at least one thing every month that's pretty good, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer about the Birchbox...I've always thought this was such a fun idea, but I'm scared that I'll be less than excited about the contents!

    Glad Nancy & Mr. Declan were able to join your party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun idea!! I need to throw a bachlorette party! I hope you are feeling better!! and yeah for two more school days! I have 11 left - I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got my first birchbox this month too and kind of felt the same way. I loved one thing (the Kiehl's Abyssine Cream) but everything else was kind of mediocre. I hope next month is better for both of us!

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like cleaning with vinegar to and it does smell good! Just like sea salt and vinegar chips haha Hope you feel better soon! I don't know any remedies, except maybe tea?

    http://bronsonbloopers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of having a Bachelor/ette premiere party! I'm going to have to do that when I get my own place! I'm also super jealous of your Stila eyeliner in your Birchbox - that is QUALITY stuff right there :) Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok how did you do that with your head in the first picture?! It looks like you broke your neck! hahaha :) I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for wrapping up the school year!! Summer is the best :)

    ReplyDelete